God Is Jealous for Your Heart

Father,

Your name, El Kanna, tells us You are jealous of anything Your child has given their heart over to. Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. (Exodus 34:14 NIV) You were serious when You engraved in their heart the first commandment, You shall have no other gods before me. (Exodus 20:3) You cannot dwell in a heart whose space is occupied. You require all of Your child’s heart. Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (Deuteronomy 6:5 NIV) A partial heart will not do for You. You are jealous for Your beloved’s heart.

We risk so much when we cling to false idols! Those who cling to worthless idols turn away from God’s love for them. (Jonah 2:8) Please forgive your child for having idols—for looking to anything or anyone else to meet needs for which You provide. And I said to them, Cast away the detestable things your eyes feast on, every one of you, and do not defile yourselves with the idols of Egypt; I am the LORD your God. (Ezekiel 20:7 ESV)

Lord, You are jealous of anything that takes Your beloved’s heart, attention, and emotions away from Your providential care. Sometimes their troubles become an idol. The problems they stare at grow so big that You are pushed out of Your child’s line of sight. Worry takes some of Your space. (Matthew 6:25-34) Then fear interferes with Your perfect love. When Your child doesn’t see immediate change, unbelief and complaining block Your hand. (Numbers 14:2, Psalm 106:24) This grieves You!

Your child may be asking, “What idols do I have that God would be jealous of?” The answer: the internet, refrigerator, phone, the mall, work, ministry, addictions, people, their own way or false teachings. Turning first to these things or people for comfort, validation, hope, or provision is called leaving our first love. But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first. (Revelation 2:4 ESV)

Forgive us please, Father.

What does someone do who is jealous of their space being occupied? They wait for the object of their desire to return. Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himselfto show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. (Isaiah 30:18 ESV) You love Your child so deeply You are waiting patiently for them to return to You. I pray they return to You this day!

Leaving You has had such a high cost. Your loved one’s lukewarm heart needs Your forgiveness. Today, they will remove their idols because their heart belongs to You. (2 Chronicles 16:9) Father, You can return to their heart to take Your place. Therefore tell the people: This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the LORD Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the LORD Almighty. (Zechariah 1:3 NIV) They love YOU so much Jesus and want their relationship with You back. What happens now that Your beloved has cleaned their heart of idols and returned to You? This …

(Deuteronomy 30:3-10 MSG, emphasis added)

GOD, your God, will restore everything you lost; he’ll have compassion on you; he’ll come back and pick up the pieces from all the places where you were scattered. No matter how far away you end up, GOD, your God, will get you out of there and bring you back to the land your ancestors once possessed. It will be yours again. He will give you a good life and make you more numerous than your ancestors. GOD, your God, will cut away the thick calluses on your heart and your children’s hearts, freeing you to love GOD, your God, with your whole heart and soul and live, really live. GOD, your God, will put all these curses on your enemies who hated you and were out to get you. And you will make a new start, listening obediently to God, keeping all his commandments that I’m commanding you today. GOD, your God, will outdo himself in making things go well for you: you’ll have babies, get calves, grow crops, and enjoy an all- around good life. Yes, GOD will start enjoying you again, making things go well for you just as he enjoyed doing it for your ancestors. But only if you listen obediently to God, your God, and keep the commandments and regulations written in this Book of Revelation. Nothing halfhearted here; you must return to GOD, your God, totally, heart and soul, holding nothing back.

Yes, Father, “Outdo Yourself “in making things go well Your beloved child! May it be so!

In the mighty Name of Jesus we pray, Amen and amen.
I love you,
Sheila

AMEN this prayer below!

The Power of the Three Stranded Prayer
Copyright © 2016 by Sheila Mangum

Comments

1. Amen!

2. Amen and Amen!!!

3. Amen!

4. Amen. Father forgive me for the idols that I have held on to in my life. I thank you for your Saving Grace and Mercy. I thank you for the Blood of Jesus, may I never take for granted your sacrifice of Love. I turn my heart to you and pray that every area of my being align with your plan and purpose for me!

5. Amen!

6. Amen!

7. Jessica Crawford says:

Amen! 💜 Lord let it be so
    Jessica Crawford & Fam

8. Amen and Amen. This is so hard. I need your help lord. Forgive me!

9. Deborah Hudson says:

Amen!!!

10. Amen & amen! Jesus you are my everything!

11. Amen

12. Megan McCormick says:

Amen!!

13. Amen!

14. Father, forgive me for making my situation an idol. I love you! I need you every moment of every day. I could not make it through this life without you.
    Amen!

15. AMEN!!

16. Terri Carter says:

AMEN!!! YES LORD!!!

17. Amen!!!!

18. Amen Amen

19. Amen! You are my first love Heavenly Father! May my heart daily return to you. in Jesus’ Name.

20. Farrah Franklin says:

Amen

21. Yes may it be so! Amen and Amen! Thanks you God!

22. Joanne Peterson says:

Amen! Lord help my focus go back to you and the answers You have. I praise you for the answers You have promised to give us. Forgive me for using food, worry, research, busyness, instead of stopping and seeking You!

Thank you Sheila!

23. AMEN

24. Diane Steele says:

Yes Father, let it be so, Amen and Amen.

25. In Jesus’ mighty name, Amen!

26. Amen and Amen!

27. Amen! Help me Lord, to keep YOU first in everything.

28. Amen. Thank you, Sheila for your prayers. I pray for you.

29. I give you my all Lord. My heart pants for you, and only You can satisfy this longing in my soul. Thank you for Your unfailing love. Great is your faithfulness.

30. Elaine Tomasello says:

Amen!

31. Amen, Jesus please help me to keep my focus on you.

32. Amen!

33. Amen!

34. Amen!!

35. Amen and Amen!

36. Lord I ask you to forgive me for placing idols before you. Focusing my mind on things that are not above. Help me to refocus my mind and heart and wash away all my sins. Forgive me, for I know not what I do and place me at the foot of the cross for healing and redemption. You know my heart, you know my concerns, you know my fears and worrys. I ask you to take these away from me today. They cloud my vision and my love for you more than I’m proud to admit. I ask that you give me clarity for the decisions i need to make and I ask that you will make your very will for my life evident to me, not only today but everyday. Help me to understand your word and apply it to my heart.
    You know my biggest dreams and my hearts desires and my biggest fears. You know the fear and the worry that posess my mind, soul and heart. Take those from me Lord and restore to me what I’ve lost. I ask for your best and complete peace within every fiber of my being. I can’t do this in my own strength, it’s impossible. I’ve proven that to you. I beg for you to release me from this bondage today and please Lord, forgive me and restore my soul to you. Amen Amen and Amen.

I ask each of you to pray for me, to do Gods will, to stay focused on Him and pray for each persons heart of the ones I love that I care For so deeply. Pray God will turn them into God fearing loyal hearts and beings in all aspects of their lives. He knows each one Amen.

37. Barbara Olson says:

Forgive me Father, for my constant worry of my kids, and grandkids. Forgive me for not trusting You! I love You! Amen. God Bless You Sheila.

38. Amen!

39. Forgive me Father. I am prone to wander far from the one I love. Correct me and make my path straight again. Can I walk with You, Father? Will You hold my hand?

Psalm 51

Wash me and I will be white as snow.

40. Amen.

41. Kim Rickards says:

Amen! Help me Jesus to remove all idols in the way of keeping you front & center in my life daily.

42. SOoo Amen!
    Thank you so much for the prayer (as always!)

43. Amen!

44. Amen!
    Thank you Sheila for accepting the lead to write and share.
    This is the week my husband and I are waiting for a “Yes” answer after many “Not now, Not here”. Instead of reacting with short tempers or worried sleepless nights (OK, I have had a few); we have been stopping together, praying and walking forward with our eyes open not to miss the opportunities to serve. God Bless all of our sisters and brothers in Christ who have hearts yearning for the Father’s answer.
    They will know we are Christians by our LOVE, by our LOVE.

45. Amen please help me Jesus to keep you first